- 1 (4-pound) trimmed beef tenderloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Avocado Béarnaise Sauce
How to Make It
Sprinkle tenderloin evenly with salt and pepper. Stir together butter and next 3 ingredients, and rub mixture over tenderloin. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours. Place in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake tenderloin at 400° for 50 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145° (medium-rare). Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes. Serve with Avocado Bearnaise Sauce.