Oh my! This tenderloin recipe wowed my party guests. Everyone wanted the recipe, and it was fairly simple to make. Make sure you get a good cut of meat, because it truly matters! I served it with the Onion Pudding, and they were perfect together!
Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce
- 1 (3-pound) beef tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle beef evenly with salt and pepper. Place in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, 7 minutes. Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients. Whisk together beef broth and all-purpose flour, and stir into wine mixture. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce. Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once. Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan. Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This