Oh my! This tenderloin recipe wowed my party guests. Everyone wanted the recipe, and it was fairly simple to make. Make sure you get a good cut of meat, because it truly matters! I served it with the Onion Pudding, and they were perfect together!
Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce
Drizzle baked beef tenderloin with a homemade red wine sauce for a restaurant-worthy meal from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (3-pound) beef tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle beef evenly with salt and pepper. Place in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, 7 minutes. Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients. Whisk together beef broth and all-purpose flour, and stir into wine mixture. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce. Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once. Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan. Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes