Beef Tenderloin Crostini
Photo: Brown Cannon III; Styling: Vanessa McNeil Roccio
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Cilantro Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mango-Red Onion Relish
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- Beef Tenderloin
- 1 pound beef tenderloin fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Remaining Ingredient
- Herbed Cornbread Crostini
- 1. Prepare Cilantro Sauce: Place a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add cumin seeds, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Cool 10 minutes. Process cilantro, next 4 ingredients, 2 Tbsp. water, and toasted cumin seeds in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 2. Prepare Relish: Sauté onion in 1 tsp. hot olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in mango, next 3 ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Prepare Beef Tenderloin: Rub steaks with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and next 2 ingredients. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat until hot; cook steaks 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
- 4. Assemble: Top flat sides of Herbed Cornbread Crostini with relish and steak; drizzle with Cilantro Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note