This appetizer was a big hit at my party, everyone raved about it. I recommend buying peeled whole garlic and using the food processor. Also, under cook the meat a little because it cooks more when it sits for 10 minutes. The onion jam topping is absolutely delicious!
Beef Tenderloin with Garlic-and-Merlot Jam
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 24 baguette or ciabatta slices or small focaccia squares, toasted
- Garlic-and-Merlot Jam
- Chopped chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottom ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with kosher salt and pepper; place in skillet, and cook, turning occasionally, 5 minutes or until well-browned on all sides.
- 2. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145° (medium-rare) or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Cut beef into 24 thin slices. Place on baguette slices, and top each with 1 tablespoon Garlic-and-Merlot Jam. Sprinkle with chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers