Easy to make, easy to serve, impressive and delicious. What more could you ask for?
Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish-Chive Sauce
There's a lot to love about the lemony-bite of this creamy sauce, matched with a lean, tender cut. This dish is perfect for an elegant Christmas Eve entrée.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 48 Minutes
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Rub beef with oil; coat on all sides with pepper and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Add beef to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning on all sides.
- 3. Place beef on a broiler pan. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 125°. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Combine sour cream and remaining ingredients; serve with beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note