Beef Tangine with chickpeas and apricots, modified Bon Apetit Oct 2011
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) beef short ribs or stew meat
- 1 large onion
- 5 teaspoon(s) Ras-el Hanout
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped, peeled ginger
- 3 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with juices
- 2-1/2 dash(es) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans
- cornstrach and water
- steamed couscous
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large heavy pot, over medium high heat, Season beef with salt and pepper. Working in batches, brown meat on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onion to pot, reduce heat to medium, season with salt and pepper and saute until soft. Add chopped garlic, Ras-el Hanout and ginger. Stir for 1 minute. Add onions and tomatoes to slow cooker. Add stock and can of chickpeas. Simmer until tender - 4 hours on high. Stir in apricots the last 10 minutes of cooking. Can use cornstarch and water to thicken gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kimwchew and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes