Beef Tangine with chickpeas and apricots, modified Bon Apetit Oct 2011
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) beef short ribs or stew meat
- 1 large onion
- 5 teaspoon(s) Ras-el Hanout
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped, peeled ginger
- 3 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with juices
- 2-1/2 dash(es) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans
- cornstrach and water
- steamed couscous
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large heavy pot, over medium high heat, Season beef with salt and pepper. Working in batches, brown meat on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onion to pot, reduce heat to medium, season with salt and pepper and saute until soft. Add chopped garlic, Ras-el Hanout and ginger. Stir for 1 minute. Add onions and tomatoes to slow cooker. Add stock and can of chickpeas. Simmer until tender - 4 hours on high. Stir in apricots the last 10 minutes of cooking. Can use cornstarch and water to thicken gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kimwchew and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note