Easy,fast, a definite keeper! Yum!
Beef-Taco Rice With Refried Beans
"My wife and I like this dish even more a day or two after it's made. Dress up the top with grated cheese after it's been reheated." Ken Sissney, Aubrey, Texas
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 371
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 23.7g
- Carbohydrate: 51.2g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 696mg
- Calcium: 221mg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning, divided
- 4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground round
- Cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (8-ounce) package preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; add half of the taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce.
- Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain; return meat to pan. Stir in remaining taco seasoning.
- Spread half of rice mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread beans evenly over rice mixture; top with beef mixture and half of cheese. Spread the remaining rice mixture over cheese; top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles