Flavor abounds with this easy recipe. Need extra time to prepare veggies, but well worth the effort.
Beef and Sugar Snap Stir-Fry
Serve a veggie-laden stir-fry dinner that's ready in minutes. The best part? It cooks in one skillet, so clean up is a snap. Serve over steamed rice with green onions.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced across grain
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and beef in a large bowl. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, hoisin, salt, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef mixture to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes or until done. Place beef mixture in a bowl. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 15 seconds. Stir in bell pepper, carrot, and peas; sauté 3 minutes. Add vinegar mixture and beef mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in green onions.
- Steamed rice with green onions: Cook 1 cup white rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 cup chopped green onions and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note