This is a good way to use leftover steak or pork. I mixed thinly sliced leftover ribeye steak with the soy and vinegar as directed but waited to add to the skillet with the Hoisin mixture at the very end so that the meat didn't overcook. I think maybe over cooked meat might be the reason some reviewers say the meat was tough. My husband loved it just the way it was but I found it just a little bland and think it could use maybe twice as much Hoisin.
Beef and Sugar Snap Stir-Fry
Serve a veggie-laden stir-fry dinner that's ready in minutes. The best part? It cooks in one skillet, so clean up is a snap. Serve over steamed rice with green onions.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced across grain
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and beef in a large bowl. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, hoisin, salt, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef mixture to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes or until done. Place beef mixture in a bowl. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 15 seconds. Stir in bell pepper, carrot, and peas; sauté 3 minutes. Add vinegar mixture and beef mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in green onions.
- Steamed rice with green onions: Cook 1 cup white rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 cup chopped green onions and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note