Beef Stuffed Zucchini
For a change of pace, substitute your favorite barbecue sauce for the marinara. Originally published as Beef-Stuffed Zucchini in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup(s) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
- • Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- • Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the egg, marinara sauce, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- • Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note