- 1 (24-ounce) package large mushrooms (about 2 dozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped cooked roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Set mushroom caps aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shallots and garlic, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushroom stems, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in roast beef and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven; reduce heat. Add mushroom caps in batches, and simmer each batch 3 minutes. Drain well. Spoon beef mixture evenly into caps. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and place on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil stuffed mushrooms 5 1/2 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This