- 4 medium-size green peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup cooked regular rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup buttered cracker crumbs
How to Make It
Cut off tops and remove seeds from peppers. Discard seeds and set tops aside. Cook peppers 5 minutes in boiling salted water; drain well, and set aside.
Chop tops of peppers; combine with onion and garlic. Sauté vegetables in butter in a large skillet until tender; add meat, and cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well. Stir in tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper.
Fill peppers with meat mixture. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish. Top each pepper with cheese and cracker crumbs. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.