- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin beef tips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, diced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (16-ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Sprinkle beef tips evenly with salt and pepper.
Brown beef in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and mushrooms, and saute, 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir broth, tomato paste, and mustard into beef mixture. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 1 hour or until beef is tender.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
Combine sherry and flour; stir into beef mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in sour cream. Serve over hot egg noodles; sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Walter C. Lund, Sr.