- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- Hot buttered noodles
How to Make It
Trim excess fat from steak. Partially freeze steak; slice across grain into 2- x 1/4-inch strips.
Combine flour and salt. Dredge steak in flour mixture; sauté in hot oil in a large skillet until browned. Add mushrooms, beef broth, catsup, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard; stir well. Cover and cook over low heat 1 hour. Just before serving, add sour cream; stir until well blended. Serve over hot buttered noodles.