- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- calories 398
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 10.7 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 31.5 g
- carbohydrate 43.3 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 117 mg
- iron 5.6 mg
- sodium 774 mg
- calcium 80 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta cooks, combine broth, Worcestershire, vinegar, tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add beef to pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan.
Add onion and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
Cut beef into thin strips; return to pan. Stir in pasta, sour cream, and parsley; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.