Thin ribbons of steak smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce—all served over hot egg noodles—will leave your family begging for more.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Protein: 32.4g
- Carbohydrate: 38.3g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 3.0g
- Calcium: 113mg
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces uncooked noodles)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add half of steak, and sauté 3 minutes. Remove from pan, and set aside. Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining steak.
- . Prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- . While noodles cook, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add red wine and mushrooms; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- . Return steak to pan. Add broth and next 4 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Combine flour and water, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Stir flour mixture into steak mixture; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and parsley. Serve immediately over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note