- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free, 25% Less Sodium or Healthy Request®)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 of a 12-ounce package whole wheat or regular egg noodles (about 4 cups), cooked and drained
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until it's tender.
Stir the soup and paprika in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the sour cream. Return the beef to the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the beef mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with sauteed spinach with garlic and crusty French bread. For dessert serve a fresh apple & raisin cup: cubed, cored apples mixed with raisins.
Cost per recipe: $8.33 Cost per recipe serving: $2.08Total cost of meal (including serving suggestion): $15.00 Cost calculations based on July 2008 national average prices
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note