very good! also LOVE the 'chicken stroganoff pasta' with bowties.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 352
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 355mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked egg noodles (8 ounces uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Cut beef diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch-wide strips; cut the strips into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove beef from pan; place in a medium bowl, and keep warm. Add cremini mushrooms and onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add cremini mushroom mixture to beef.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add beef mixture, sherry, salt, and pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds. Stir in sour cream.
- Combine noodles and minced parsley. Serve beef mixture over noodles. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes