Not very flavorful. Was very disappointed.
This classic Beef Stroganoff recipe uses ingredients commonly kept on hand for an easy and delicious family meal. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 454
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 36.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 691mg
- Calcium: 127mg
- 1 (1-pound) top round steak (1 inch thick), trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces uncooked)
- 1. Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place steak and next 8 ingredients (though garlic) in a 3-quart electric slow cooker; stir well.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a small bowl; gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add broth mixture to slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour. Reduce to low-heat setting, and cook 7 to 8 hours or until steak is tender. Turn slow cooker off; remove lid. Let stroganoff stand 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve stroganoff over noodles.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note