I've been using this recipe for years. Easy recipe, delicious results. No changes to the recipe are necessary.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Iron: 5.6mg
- Sodium: 774mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine broth, Worcestershire, vinegar, tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add beef to pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Cut beef into thin strips; return to pan. Stir in pasta, sour cream, and parsley; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes