I've been using this recipe for years. Easy recipe, delicious results. No changes to the recipe are necessary.
Broccoli or Brussels sprouts are both good accompaniments to this satisfying classic pasta dish.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Iron: 5.6mg
- Sodium: 774mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine broth, Worcestershire, vinegar, tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add beef to pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Cut beef into thin strips; return to pan. Stir in pasta, sour cream, and parsley; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note