Beef Stir-Fry with Fresh and Pickled Ginger
More From Food & Wine
Total: 35 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 pounds sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh ginger
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, sliced into thin strips
- In a large bowl, whisk the sherry with the soy sauce and cornstarch. Add the steak and turn to coat with the marinade. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the chicken broth with the sherry, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, chile-garlic sauce and cornstarch.
- Lift the beef from the marinade; discard the marinade. Heat a wok or large skillet until very hot. Add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and heat until shimmering. Add the steak and stir-fry over high heat until browned and cooked to medium, about 1 minute. Transfer the steak to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the wok. Add the fresh ginger and scallions and stir-fry over high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return the steak to the wok and add the pickled ginger and the sauce. Stir-fry until the sauce thickens, about 10 seconds. Transfer the steak to bowls and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This