Beef Stew with Cheddar Dumplings
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 to 3 pound(s) beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) browning sauce, optional
- 5 cup(s) water
- 5 teaspoon(s) beef bouillon granules
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) cut green beans, drained
- 2 cup(s) biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- • Combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat meat with flour mixture. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Brown meat on all sides.
- • Add onion salt and garlic salt, browning sauce, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 1 hour.
- • Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in green beans.
- • For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in enough milk to form a soft dough. Drop by tablespoonful into bubbling stew. Cover and simmer 12 minutes (do not lift cover) or until dumplings test done. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note