BEEF STEW - JEANIE'S
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Stewing Beef Cut up
- 2 tablespoon(s) White Flour
- 2 strip(s) Peanut Oil
- 1 1/2 pint(s) Water
- 1 piece(s) Bay Leaf
- 1 whole(s) Onion - Large Chopped
- 2 stalk(s) Celery Chopped
- 1/2 tub(s) Green Pepper Chopped
- 1 dash(es) Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 dash(es) Soya Sauce
- 4 stalk(s) Celery Chopped
- 4 whole(s) Carrots Chopped
- 2 slice(s) Turnips Chopped
- 4 whole(s) Potatoes Chopped
- 1 pound of stewing beef cut up int5o small bite size pieces. Put the meat in a plastic bag with 2 tbsp. of flour and shake it until meat is well coated. Put into a good size sauce pan and brown with 2 tbsp. Peanut oil. Stir often so that the meat does not stick. Using a spatula scrape the bottom and sides of the pot. Cover when the mixture starts to thicken and add 1 1/2 cups water and continue cooking. Add 1 small piece of Bay Leaf, 1 large chopped onion, 1/2 of a green pepper, diced celery, all chopped. Worchestershire and Soya sauces to taste.
- Cook slowly on top of stove for 1/1/2 hours.
- Note: I like to prepare carrots, turnips, celery and potatoes and add to meat mixture in the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
- Mom 1972
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jmmckeown and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note