Beef Stew in Pressure Cooker
Tender Beef and Vegetables with wonderful taste and aroma. This recipe is for a 6 - 8 Quart pressure cooker.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) Beef Stew Meat (I use Chuck Roast)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fat
- 2 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Paprika
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Water
- 1 cup(s) Onions - Chopped
- 8 whole(s) Carrots - Whole
- 8 Potatoes - Medium, cut in halves
- Brown beef in fat in cooker. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Add water.
- Cover, set control at 10 and cook 10 minutes after control jiggles (or set at 15 and cook for 8 minutes).
- Cool cooker normally for 5 minutes, then place under faucet.
- Put cooker tray on top of meat. Add remaining ingredients on top of tray.
- Cover, set control at 10 and cook 8 - 10 minutes after control jiggles (or cook at 15 for 6 - 8 minutes). reduce pressure instantly.
- Prepare Gravy recipe.
- (On occasion I have used canned carrots and green beans in this recipe too, along with the potatoes. The vegetables soaked up the flavor from the meat and were absolutely, mouthwatering delicious! Adjust the cooking time accordingly.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PharStarr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note