Beef Stew with Herbed Potato Dumplings
More From Hungry Jack Recipes
- 7 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 (14 oz.) cans reduced sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen vegetables for stew
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- COMBINE 3 tablespoons flour and seasoned salt in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef cubes. Seal and toss to coat.
- HEAT oil in 6-quart Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook until well browned on all sides. Add 2 1/2 cups beef broth, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
- STIR in frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Whisk together remaining beef broth and remaining flour in small bowl. Add to stew, stirring until gravy thickens.
- To prepare dumpling batter: WHISK eggs and water in medium bowl. Stir in potato flakes until moistened. Add pancake mix, green onion, parsley and garlic salt; mix well.
- DROP batter by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer over low heat 13 to 16 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This