Beef Stew for Two
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme, divided
- 3/4 pound(s) beef cubed steaks, cubed
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 8-ounce can(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced fresh carrots
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas
- • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- • In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, broth, potato, onion, carrots, red pepper, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper and remaining thyme.
- • Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Stir in peas. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5-10 minutes longer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note