Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 pound(s) cubed beef stew meat (1 1/4")
- 1 med onion, diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 12 ounce(s) beer (pale lager)
- 3 1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 8 new potatoes (1 1/2"-2" diameter), quartered
- 4 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Crusty bread (optional)
- 1. Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season beef. Working in 2 batches, brown meat on all sides, 6 minutes. Remove to plate.
- 2. Add onion to pot and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3. Pour in beer. Add broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, sugar, paprika, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and pepper to taste.
- 4. Return beef to pot. Simmer until meat is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 5. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Simmer until vegetables are tender and meat is very tender, 30 to 40 minutes longer.
- 6. Remove 1 cup of liquid from pot and slowly whisk in flour. Stir back into pot and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, 10 minutes. Season. Sprinkle with parsley (if using). Serve with bread, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanJan0219 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note