Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) Beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 clove(s) Garlic
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 dash(es) Allprice, or ground cloves
- 3 stalk(s) carrots
- 3 stalk(s) Celery
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- Brown meat in hot oil. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Remove bay leaves and garlic clove. Add carrots and celery. Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes longer. To thicken gravy, remove 2 cups hot liquid. Using a separate bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth. Mix with a little hot liquid and return mixture to pot. Stir and cook until bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by synacle7092 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note