- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med onion = about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 pound red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Paste
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 8 hours
Place onion over the bottom of 3-1/2 quart or larger CROCK-POT slow cooker. Add the following ingredients in this order: carrots, celery, potatoes and beef. Sprinkle with thyme. Pour diced tomatoes and water over the top of the beef.
Cover; cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours until meat is tender. Stir in tomato paste; cover.
Cook an additional 10 minutes on HIGH setting.