Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) beef top sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil Marinade
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice Marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper marinade
- 1 1/4 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs breading
- 1/3 cup(s) grated parmeson cheese breading
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley breading
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt breading
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder breading
- dash(es) pepper breading
- 3/4 cup(s) marinara sauce breading
- 1 red onion assembly
- 40 fresh sage leaves assembly
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil assembly
- Thinly slice steak widthwise into 5-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2.Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer half of the mixture to a shallow bowl; set aside. For filling, add marinara sauce to the remaining crumb mixture and mix well. Spread 1 teaspoon filling over each beef strip and roll up into pinwheels. Coat with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Cut onion into 1-in. pieces and separate into layers. Thread a piece of onion, a sage leaf and a beef pinwheel onto soaked wooden appetizer skewers. Drizzle lightly with oil and place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 4. Broil 3-4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning once. Yield: 40 appetizers.
- To Make Ahead: Skewer spiedini as directed, without adding sage and onion. Freeze unbaked spiedini in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 1 month. To use frozen spiedini, thread sage and onion as directed. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning once.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dozcahill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Spiedini Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers