Beef Skewers with Romesco Sauce
These are a popular choice in tapas bars. This version uses flavorful sirloin with a quick and easy recipe for Spain's famous almond-and-red pepper sauce. Recipe serves 6 as an appetizer; 4 as a main course. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3261.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Romesco Sauce
- 3/4 cup(s) 1/2-inch cubes stale bread
- 1/3 cup(s) Marcona almonds
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) drained roasted red bell peppers
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika (pimentÃ³n)
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Beef Skewers
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne or hot paprika
- 1 1/4 pound(s) beef sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- For the sauce, combine bread and almonds in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add garlic, tomato, peppers, vinegar, salt and smoked paprika; process until puréed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice. With the machine running, pour the oil through the feed tube. Transfer to a bowl.
- For the beef, soak 12 small (6-inch) bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes before cooking. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, sweet paprika, cumin, salt and cayenne. Add beef cubes, toss to coat, and set aside for at least 10 minutes, or refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat or prepare an outdoor grill for medium-heat cooking. Thread 3 to 4 beef cubes on each skewer, being sure that the tip is covered by beef. Grill, turning occasionally, until beef is browned, 4 to 5 minutes on an outdoor grill and 6 to 7 minutes on a grill pan. Serve the skewers hot with room temperature Romesco sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note