Beef Sirloin Kabobs with Roasted Red Pepper Dipping Sauce
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc. Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoon(s) coarse grind black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 7-ounce jar(s) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) â¢ dried thyme leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup(s) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- • Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- • Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato paste is blended. Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- • Meanwhile cut beef steak into 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1-inch pieces. Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 1 clove garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
- • Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note