Beef Short ribs in chianti from Robin
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) beef short ribs 2" chunks
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) low sodium beef stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 head(s) garlic cloves peeled
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put beef into 15 x 10 flameproof pan/dish
- Combine wine, stock & water in saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Cover w/aluminum foil, put on stovetop and bring to boil. Transfer to oven and cook 20 minutes.
- Reduce temp. to 250 and continue cooking until meat is very tender but not yet falling off the bone. (gentle simmer)
- Remove from oven and loosen foil so !" of edges are exposed. Return to oven until meat is very tender and liquid is reduced to 1 to 1 1/2 cups, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let cool & remove congealed fat.
- If desired reduce remaining liquid and reheat meat gently over medium heat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by toledoblade and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note