Beef Short ribs in chianti from Robin
reduce salt, use any hearty red wine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) beef short ribs 2" chunks
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) low sodium beef stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 head(s) garlic cloves peeled
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put beef into 15 x 10 flameproof pan/dish
- Combine wine, stock & water in saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Cover w/aluminum foil, put on stovetop and bring to boil. Transfer to oven and cook 20 minutes.
- Reduce temp. to 250 and continue cooking until meat is very tender but not yet falling off the bone. (gentle simmer)
- Remove from oven and loosen foil so !" of edges are exposed. Return to oven until meat is very tender and liquid is reduced to 1 to 1 1/2 cups, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let cool & remove congealed fat.
- If desired reduce remaining liquid and reheat meat gently over medium heat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by toledoblade and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note