The choice in beef is great and so is the recipe. Only downfall is that it's a little too salty. Would use less soy sauce next time.
Beef Satay with Thai Coconut-Peanut Sauce
This recipe is ideal for leaner and tougher cuts of beef such as flank, skirt, or hangar steak, as well as thin cuts of round. Thinly slicing and marinating helps tenderize and add flavor to the meat.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Grill: 4 Minutes
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric, optional
- 12 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- Thai Coconut-Peanut Sauce
- 1. Cut beef across the grain into 12 (1- to 1 1/2-inch) strips, about 1/4-inch thick. Weave strips onto skewers, and place in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish or shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, honey, coriander, and turmeric, if desired; brush on both sides of skewers. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours.
- 3. Preheat grill to high heat (400° to 450°).
- 4. Remove skewers from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve with Thai Coconut-Peanut Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note