Notes: Instead of making spice paste, you can use 1/4 cup purchased Thai red curry paste mixed with 2 tablespoons salad oil; stir in a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes, then add sugar. You will need about 12 thin wood or metal skewers. If using wood, soak in water at least 30 minutes just before using. Up to 1 day ahead, coat meat with spice mixture and thread onto skewers; wrap airtight and chill.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 106
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 1 1/2 pounds boned beef top sirloin, fat-trimmed
- 1/4 cup spice paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped palm sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- 1. Cut meat into 3/4-inch chunks.
- 2. Mix spice paste and sugar. Coat meat with mixture.
- 3. Thread meat equally onto skewers.
- 4. Lay skewers on a lightly oiled grill over hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds) and cook, turning to brown on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note