Beef Rouladen (savory)
From William Foster: Haverhill, New Hampshire. Recipe published in Taste of Home October/November 2003.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) boneless beef top round steak
- 6 bacon strips, halved
- 12 small garlic dill pickles
- 4 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil, divided
- 6 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried savory
- Salt and pepper to taste
- • Cut steak into twelve 4-in. x 3-in. pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a bacon piece and pickle along a short side of each; roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown roll-ups on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- • In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil. Stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually blend in broth and savory, stirring constantly. Return roll-ups to pan. Cover and cook over low heat for 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note