Beef Rouladen for Two
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium dill pickle, cut lengthwise into eight pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 bacon strip, halved
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon(s) beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) browning sauce, optional
- • Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over one side of each piece of meat. Top each piece with four pickle pieces, a fourth of onion and a piece of bacon. Roll up jelly-roll style and secure with toothpicks. In a skillet, cook meat in butter on all sides until browned. Add the bay leaf, bouillon, rosemary, salt and remaining onion. Stir in 1-1/4 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- • Remove meat and keep warm. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into juices in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Remove toothpicks before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note