Sounds great. I like this served with Spaetzle or dumplings Spaetzle Serves: 6 6 servings Ingredients 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 2 large eggs 1/4 cup milk 3 tablespoons unsalted butter 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives Directions In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg-milk mixture. Gradually draw in the flour from the sides and combine well; the dough should be smooth and thick. Let the dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot, then reduce to a simmer. To form the spaetzle, hold a large holed colander or slotted spoon over the simmering water and push the dough through the holes with a spatula or spoon. Do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the pot. Bread dumplings - http://czechmatediary.com/2008/10/29/finally-easy-bread-dumplings/
Beef Rouladen (carrots)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) thin beef top round steak, cut into four pieces
- Coarse-ground prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium dill pickle, quartered lengthwise
- 3 carrots, cut into sticks, divided
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- Cooked noodles
- • Spread steak pieces with mustard. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Layer the steak pieces with a quarter each of pickle slices, carrot sticks and a wedge of onion. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Coat each roll with flour.
- • In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown beef on all sides. Add the water, bouillon, ketchup and remaining carrots. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender. Thicken gravy if desired.
- • Serve with noodles.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note