Beef Rouladen (browning sauce)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) beef top round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 6 bacon strips
- 3 whole dill pickles, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon(s) beef bouillon granules, optional
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) browning sauce, optional
- • Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; pound to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a bacon strip down the center of each piece; arrange a pickle half on one edge. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- • In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef on all sides. Add the water, onion, parsley and bouillon if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- • For gravy, skim fat from drippings. Combine the flour, water and browning sauce if desired; stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note