Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) canola oil, divided
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 beef top round steaks or beef sirloin steaks (1/4 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 6 dill pickle spears
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup(s) water
- 4 teaspoon(s) beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- Hot cooked noodles
- • In a large skillet, saute onions in 2 tablespoons of oil until tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- • Pound steaks to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread with mustard and top with onions. Place a pickle at one short end and a bacon strip lengthwise on top. Roll up jelly-roll style; secure with toothpicks. Set aside 1 tablespoon flour for thickening. Coat the roll-ups with remaining flour.
- • In the same skillet, cook roll-ups in remaining oil over medium heat until browned on all sides. Add the water, bouillon, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- • Remove roll-ups and keep warm. Combine butter and reserved flour; add to the pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf and toothpicks. Serve beef and gravy with noodles.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note