Excellent and easy. Tasted fabulous especially with the Yorkshire pudding! Has become a Christmas Eve tradition!
Beef Rib Roast With Yorkshire Pudding
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3 ounces meat and 2 tablespoons broth)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 52g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 848mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (3-pound) boneless rib eye roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth, undiluted
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Brush Worcestershire sauce over roast (do not trim fat); sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a roasting pan. Arrange onion and carrots on rack around roast. Insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast. Bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 130° (rare) to 160° (medium). Place roast on a serving platter; cover with aluminum foil. Set roasted vegetables aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings from pan for Yorkshire Pudding; set aside. Wipe remaining drippings from pan with paper towels, leaving browned bits on bottom of pan. Add roasted vegetables, water, and broth to pan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping bottom of pan with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Cook 15 minutes or until broth is reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat; discard vegetables.
- Slice the roast thinly; serve with broth and Yorkshire Pudding.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note