Beef Ragu with Penne
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 8 Minutes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (28-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package penne pasta
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Crumble ground beef over onion, and add tomatoes. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low 8 hours. Break up any large pieces of beef with a wooden spoon; stir in salt. Remove half of sauce, and reserve for another use; keep remaining sauce warm in slow cooker.
- 2. Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to 4 shallow bowls. Spoon meat sauce over each portion of pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil, and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note