Beef Quesadillas with Watercress and Corn Salad
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) Plus 4 tsp canola oil
- 1 Red onion Half chopped, Half thinly sliced
- 12 ounce(s) Ground beef
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounce(s) Monterey Jack Grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 bunch(es) Watercress Trimmed, 4 cups
- 1 cup(s) Frozen corn Thawed
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh lime juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1. Heat 1 tbl of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 mins. Add the beef, cayenne, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 mins more.
- 2. Heat broiler. Brush one side of ea tortilla with 1 tsp of the remaining oil, Place 2 tortillas, oiled-side down, on a foil lined baking sheet. Top with beef mixture, Monterey Jack, and remaining tortillas (oiled-side up). Broil until crisp and the cheese melts, 1 to 2 mins per side.
- 3. Meanshile, in a large bowl, toss the watercress, corn, and sliced onion with the lime juice, the remaining tbl of oil, and 3/4 tsp each salt and black pepper. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Quesadillas with Watercress and Corn Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes