Beef Quesadillas With Watercress and Corn Salad
You can prepare the beef mixture and assemble the quesadillas up to 1 day ahead. (Let the beef mixture cool before placing in the tortillas.) Refrigerate, covered, until ready to cook. Recipe by Sarah Copeland, March 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/beef-quesadillas-with-watercress-and-corn-salad-00000000052496/index.html.
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, half chopped and half thinly sliced
- 12 ounce(s) ground beef
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounce(s) Monterey Jack, grated (1 1â2 cups)
- 1 bunch(es) watercress, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beef, cayenne, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- 2. Heat broiler. Brush one side of each tortilla with 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil. Place 2 tortillas, oiled-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top with the beef mixture, Monterey Jack, and remaining tortillas (oiled-side up). Broil until crisp and the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the watercress, corn, and sliced onion with the lime juice, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note