- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound 93% ultra-lean ground beef
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen New England-style sweet peas, potatoes, and carrots, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- calories 293
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 23.4 g
- carbohydrate 37.6 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 778 mg
- calcium 91 mg
How to Make It
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Gradually add water and next 2 ingredients, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; set aside.
Cook the onion and beef in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble; drain in a colander.
Return beef mixture to pan. Add parsley and next 5 ingredients; stir well. Add broth mixture; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Carefully split biscuits in half horizontally, and place over beef mixture. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
Make-Ahead Tips: You can assemble the casserole ahead of time, without thawing the frozen vegetable and omitting the biscuits; cover and freeze. Thaw frozen casserole overnight in refrigerator; let stand at room temperture 30 minutes. Top with biscuits; bake as directed.