Delicious, easy, and fairly quick!
Beef and Potato Pie
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Paul Grimes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Sodium: 521mg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 russet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Warm oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add beef and sauté until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Stir in onion, celery and carrots; sauté for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a pot, cover potato slices with cold salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until just beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- 3. Sprinkle flour over mixture in skillet; sauté for 1 minute. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring, until sauce starts to thicken, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan; cover with potato slices.
- 4. Brush pie with melted butter; sprinkle with salt. Bake until filling is hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Turn broiler to high and place pie on a rack about 5 inches from heat source. Broil until potatoes are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note