Beef & Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 pound(s) flank steak
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 1 onion sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 can(s) 14 ounce reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) cognac
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 4 tablespoon(s) fresh chives
- 1 package(s) egg noodles
- 1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add steak and cook until browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. (The meat will be rare, but will continue to cook as it rests.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut lengthwise into 2 long pieces then crosswise, across the grain, into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 2.Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are very tender and lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables; stir to coat. Stir in broth, cognac (or brandy) and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to a simmer, and continue cooking, stirring often, until the mixture is thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream, chives (or parsley), the sliced steak and any accumulated juices. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef & Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes