- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into rings
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (24-ounce) can tomato juice
- Combine meat and rice in a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, mixing well. Shape mixture into 1 1/2- inch meatballs. Place meatballs in a shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole; set aside.
- Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet until tender. Add tomato juice, and remaining salt and pepper; pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until rice is tender, turning meatballs occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes