- 3/4 pound lean beef flank steak
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger or bottled chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 cups hot cooked rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- calories 388
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 10.6 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 20.9 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 43 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 267 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cut steak in half lengthwise (with the grain). Cut steak across grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine steak, sherry, and pepper in a bowl; toss well.
Drain pineapple chunks, reserving pineapple and 1/2 cup juice. Combine juice, soy sauce, and vinegar.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add steak; stir-fry 3 minutes or until browned. Remove steak from skillet; drain well.
Add onion, ginger, garlic, and 1 cup green onions to skillet; stir-fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add pineapple; stir-fry 1 minute or until lightly browned. Return steak to skillet; add juice mixture. Stir-fry 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice. Top with sliced green onions.