Beef-and-Pepper Hash with Eggs
More From Southern Living
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (28-oz.) package frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers, thawed
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 pound barbecued brisket without sauce, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, next 3 ingredients, and 3 Tbsp. water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes begin to lightly brown.
- 2. Add mushrooms, thyme, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender. Add brisket, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Keep warm.
- 3. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gently break eggs into hot skillet, and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve over hash.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes