- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (28-oz.) package frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers, thawed
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 pound barbecued brisket without sauce, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It
Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, next 3 ingredients, and 3 Tbsp. water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes begin to lightly brown.
Add mushrooms, thyme, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender. Add brisket, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Keep warm.
Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gently break eggs into hot skillet, and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve over hash.